Build a “service protocol”, focussing on Compressed NFTs, which abstracts away the complexities of merkle tree management.
This RFP aims to provide funding for the development of a service protocol for managing compressed NFTs, which are NFTs on Solana that store their data in a Merkle tree structure where the Merkle root is on-chain in an account and the Merkle leaves are stored in the Solana ledger (which is off-chain, but subject to consensus), rather than fully on-chain like conventional NFTs. The protocol should abstract the complexities of tree management and enable the permissionless issuance of interconnected "forests" of trees accessible to a public or allowlisted group of developers.
By conceptualizing trees as storage entities decoupled from specific collections, it becomes apparent that a system of partitioning NFTs across a set of trees would be more efficient. The proposed protocol could effectively incentivize the utilization of well-configured trees with optimal canopy and depth, dynamically allocated to developers based on their requirements.
Users would have the flexibility to define their preferences, such as tolerance for contention on the tree account, while the protocol could address potential issues like spam by segregating lower or free-tier usage to specific trees and providing higher quality of service to trusted participants.
Ultimately, treating compressed NFTs and wallets akin to emails and inboxes, and anticipating a future with a vast number of digital assets, lays the foundation for this innovative protocol
RFP Recipient Eligibility:
- To be eligible for this RFP, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have a strong technical background in software development and experience building blockchain applications, particularly on Solana.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Solana ecosystem and how the proposed software will add value to it.
- Have basic understanding of Compressed NFTs on Solana
- Have a proven track record of delivering high-quality software products.
- Be able to commit to meeting the RFP deliverables within the specified timeline.
- The RFP recipient is responsible for delivering the following:
- An Open-Source Service Protocol for Compressed NFTs
- Documentation that meets all appropriate standards for a production-grade build.
- The final version of the software and all relevant documentation must be delivered within the agreed upon timeframe beginning after the RFP approval date.
This RFP is intended to support the development of high-quality software that will aid in the development of applications on the Solana blockchain. The RFP recipient must demonstrate their ability to deliver a well-designed and documented software programming tool or framework that adheres to industry best practices.
We believe that the successful completion of this RFP will significantly contribute to the growth and development of the Solana ecosystem.