Build a shortlink resolver service allowing redirection of Bonfida/ANS domains, providing a memorable domain for .sol owners to link to their preferred website.
This RFP aims to provide funding for the development of a shortlink resolver service (like bit.ly) for Bonfida/ANS domains. For instance, any one can simple create their own “htttp://s.me/jwng.sol” type of website, by simply verifying their Bonifida/ANS domains, which they can then link to their portfolio or company websites.Why is this important?
Only certain browsers will directly support typing domain names like “.sol” in the web browser and getting automatically resolved to desire websites, Hence, a resolver would give a memorable domain for .sol owners to redirect to their preferred websites.Additionally, if the information is stored in Arweave permaweb, utilizing a gateway with a content identifier (CID) for redirection, allowing users to easily switch/swap gateways to access the same information when needed, would further enhance the functionality. Therefore, it is recommended to explore the implementation of this shortlink resolver service to improve user experience and accessibility
RFP Recipient Eligibility:
- To be eligible for this RFP, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have a strong technical background in software development and experience building blockchain applications, particularly on Solana.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Solana ecosystem and how the proposed software will add value to it.
- Have basic understanding of Solana Naming Services.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high-quality software products.
- Be able to commit to meeting the RFP deliverables within the specified timeline.
- The RFP recipient is responsible for delivering the following:
- An Open-source Shortlink resolver for Solana Domain Names.
- Documentation that meets all appropriate standards for a production-grade build.
- The final version of the software and all relevant documentation must be delivered within the agreed upon timeframe beginning after the RFP approval date.
This RFP is intended to support the development of high-quality software that will aid in the development of applications on the Solana blockchain. The RFP recipient must demonstrate their ability to deliver a well-designed and documented software programming tool or framework that adheres to industry best practices. We believe that the successful completion of this RFP will significantly contribute to the growth and development of the Solana ecosystem.