💸 Microgrants to write about crypto
Superteam now supports the Crypto Writers Grants Program and recommends applicants with high community reputation scores to the Solana Foundation for grants.
This is a grant program specifically meant for writers across levels of expertise, to write long-form pieces about the interesting things happening in crypto. Bonus points if you write about Solana, Wormhole, Pyth, and xNFTs.
Anyone with a writing proposal and proof of high-quality writing ability is welcome to apply and receive funding decision for a $1 - $1,500 grant. The Foundation hands out these grants typically once a month. To get started click here.
🗺️ Types of written work we love
- Ecosystem Reports: Articles typically title “The State of X, 2022”. Pick a topic within an area like DAOs, payments, games, analytics & summarise the landscape of projects, gaps and potential. E.g., see The State of DAO tooling by Sitesh.
- Product Document with RFPs: Write deeply about a problem you think web3 can solve. Be specific about what the first version of the product will look like, how it will go-to-market, and bonus points if you can include mock ups and screenshots, etc. E.g., Building a web3 loyalty program.
- Project deep-dives: Don’t wait for a bounty, pick a project, study it and write about it. Checkout the deep-dives section of our blog for inspiration.
- Data-led pieces: One of the biggest benefits of public blockchains is that all data is in the open. Yet, few people who are web3 savvy actually know which metrics to track or how to track them. If you’re comfortable with numbers, block explorers, charts, etc. write a piece that helps others follow along.
- Primary research: Step out of your google doc, speak to people who are working in web3 & convert your findings into actionable insights.
⚙️ How It Works:
- Submit the application form (5 minutes).
- The Foundation does their best to respond within ~72 hours.
- If approved, you'll receive an email notification for onboarding and further steps, and 25% of your requested funding in your SOL wallet will soon follow in our next payout.
- Update the community once a week on your progress.
- As you achieve your self-described milestones, receive the rest of your funding.
- Submit finished work for feedback, review, and distribution.
🏆 Previous writing we have supported
❓Frequently asked questions
We try our best to get you a decision within 72 hours.
We prefer projects that 1) yield results quickly and 2) are executable by the Proposing team.
The only condition is that you keep the community updated on a regular basis as your project progresses.
- Proof of Work > Credentials. Anyone is welcome to apply for Instagrants, given they have enough Proof of Work to make the review committee believe the work will get done.
- Speed > Perfection. We want to give grants rapidly. Not perfectly. We trust people to get work done.
- Believers > Consensus. As long as a minimum quorum of the reviewing committee believes it's a good use of funds, we will fund it.
Unfortunately, our sponsors do not have the ability to provide individualized feedback at this time.