💸 Get up to $3K to build your Solana Project
Solana Foundation and Nas Academy are opening up a special Grant Program for the best students of the Nas Academy Solana Course. These grants will help fund new Solana developers with amounts upto $3000 in USDC to build and ship their Solana project.
The primary focus of the grant program is to fund dApps, developer tooling, and technical contribution, but the Foundation may also support content, tutorials and educational content that fit within the stated goals of the Grant program.
Anyone with an idea or proof of work is welcome to apply and receive funding decision for a $1 - $3,000 grant. The Foundation hands out these grants typically once a month.
Areas of focus:
- Promote Decentralization. Create developer tooling, media, content, and community projects focussed on promoting and bringing more decentralization to Solana as well as the world at large.
- Make Solana more censorship resistant. Primarily technical projects and code contributions which can help us make Solana the most censorship resistance platform for building dApps on.
- DAO Tooling: Create coordination, communication, and payments tools for communities using Solana as the backbone of their infrastructure.
- Education: Create media, programs, events, initiatives, etc., to onboard users, earners, and builders to crypto and Solana.
- Developer Tooling: Create tools, programs and hacks making it easier and faster for engineers to built the next generation of dApps on Solana.
- Payments: Build payments apps for consumers and businesses, making P2P payments, as well as commerce better integrated with the crypto ecosystem using Solana Pay.
NOTE: The core team does not manage the Foundation’s grant program. We simply make recommendations to the sponsors of the grant program on quality grant applications. You are also free to apply directly on their website for a grant.
⚙️ How It Works:
- Submit the application form (5 minutes).
- The Foundation does their best to respond within ~72 hours.
- If approved, you'll receive an email notification for onboarding and further steps, and 25% of your requested funding in your SOL wallet will soon follow in our next payout.
- Update the community once a week on your progress.
- As you achieve your self-described milestones, receive the rest of your funding.
- Submit finished work for feedback, review, and distribution.
- Be Concise: Being clear and concise is always helpful.
- Build what the ecosystem needs: Besides our Grant Proposals, we often see people on Twitter (and elsewhere) saying things like "Solana needs X" or "Solana would be better if it had Y". Use this information!
- Open Source: Being clear and concise is always helpful. What makes decentralized applications so powerful is that it’s built on the premise of being open and composable. Therefore, this grant support teams that intend to open source soon after deploying on Solana’s Mainnet Beta.
🏆 Previous grant recipients
wagmi.bio - making web3 payments easier
Total Revenue All Links Total Views Payments wagmi.bio/kunal 13,130 $89,090 wagmi.bio/elon 42,000 $69,420 wagmi.bio/tanmay 15,545 $90,105 wagmi.bio/anatoly 50,300 $100,520 wagmi.bio/yash 10,050 $50,900
Anchor - Visual Studio Marketplace
vscode extension for Anchor (Solana's Sealevel runtime Framework). Install the extension from the marketplace Press ⌘ + shift + p or ctrl + shift + p to open command panel and search for 'Anchor:' Check program and tests view inside container, click on anchor logo to focus.
❓Frequently asked questions
We try our best to you get you a decision within 72 hours.
We prefer projects that 1) yield results quickly and 2) are executable by the Proposing team.
The only condition is that you keep the community updated on a regular basis as your project progresses.
- Proof of Work > Credentials. Anyone is welcome to apply for Instagrants, given they have enough Proof of Work to make the review committee believe the work will get done.
- Speed > Perfection. We want to give grants rapidly. Not perfectly. We trust people to get work done.
- Believers > Consensus. As long as a minimum quorum of the reviewing committee believes it's a good use of funds, we will fund it.
Unfortunately, our sponsors do not have the ability to provide individualized feedback at this time.