📍Conduct a technical workshop or talk in your city
The Education Fund is a grants-pool dedicated to promoting education and knowledge sharing in local communities, especially in blockchain clubs and Universities. If you’re someone interested in teaching and conducting technical workshops related to Solana, Anchor, Rust, Crypto, or broadly getting started in crypto as a developer, do apply and get support from the the Solana Foundation.
We believe in the power of education to drive innovation and create a strong foundation for the future of decentralized systems. If you have a passion for teaching and want to inspire the next generation of blockchain enthusiasts, apply for the Education Fund and become a mentor in the field of blockchain technology.
🤝 Workshop playbook
To ensure the success of your technical talk and maximize the impact of the fund, we recommend following these guidelines:
- 🎓 Target universities: Select universities with active computer science or engineering departments that have lots of student with active interest or curiosity about crypto.
- 🎤 Topics: Have a clear format and topic for the talk. Some kinds of workshops you can conduct are:
- Intro to crypto, web3, and getting started with web3js & Rust
- Intro to Rust and Solana development
- Specific topic overview: Bitcoin, NFTs, DeFi, DePIN, etc.
- Hands on Solana Dev Workshop, e.g here.
- 🗓️ Duration: Aim for a talk duration of approximately 1-2 hours, including time for Q&A and interactive discussions. Adjust the length based on the complexity of the topic and the preferences of the hosting university.
- 📑 Teaching materials: Create presentation slides or educational materials to accompany your talk. These materials should be informative, visually appealing, and easy to understand for the audience. Share these materials with the attendees after the talk for further reference.
- 📢 Promotion: Collaborate with the university's crypto or blockchain club to promote the event to students and faculty members. Utilize social media platforms, university mailing lists, and relevant online communities to raise awareness about your technical talk. Leverage the Superteam members and social media support to amplify the reach of your event.
- 🔍 Demo or hands-on workshop (optional): If possible, include a live demo or a hands-on workshop session to provide practical experience to the attendees. This will enhance their understanding of the topics covered and encourage further engagement.
- 📥 Feedback and follow-up: Collect feedback from the attendees to improve future talks and gauge the impact of your session. Establish a follow-up mechanism to stay connected with the best students so you can guide them further as well.
- 🍕Food & Beverages: Buy pizza or some snacks for everyone there. A part of your grant can go towards this. It is messy but devs love some pizza.
- 📷 Proof of talk: Capture pictures or videos of your technical talk and share them on your preferred social media platform. Tag @SuperteamIN, and we might share your content as well, showcasing your contribution to the community.
⚙️ How It Works:
- Submit the application form.
- The Education Fund review panel will evaluate your proposal within ~72 hours.
- If approved, you will receive a confirmation email and the grant amount in the next payout cycle.
- Coordinate with the university to schedule your technical talk and arrange the logistics.
- Share your teaching materials and promotional content with the university's crypto or blockchain club.
- Deliver the technical talk at the scheduled date and time.
- Collect feedback from attendees
❓Frequently asked questions
This program is currently in beta and only open for Superteam Members in India, Germany, Turkey, Vietnam and Mexico.
We try our best to get you a decision within 72 hours.
We prefer to support teams that have some prior experience in organizing events (regardless of how small) and events that are primarily focused on developers, artists, and investors.
Unfortunately, our sponsors do not have the bandwidth to provide individualized feedback at this time.