Last Updated: July 4, 2022
- “We”, “Us”, “the Site”, “Community”, “our”, “Superteam”, individually and collectively, refer to the Superteam Community, which shall include but is not limited to the Superteam Community Website (https://superteam.fun), Substack (https://superteam.substack.com/), and Discord server (https://discord.com/invite/Mq3ReaekgG) (collectively and individually “Superteam Forums”);
- These Terms of Engagement (“Terms”) contained herein shall be applicable to all the Users of the Superteam community;
- “Partner” shall refer to organizations involved in offering Projects in the form of Bounties, Missions, Instagrants, Grant Projects to the Community;
- “Volunteer” shall refer to Users, who have been recognised as contributors or members, and take up tasks for the benefit of the community;
- “User”, may refer to “Volunteer”, “Visitor”, and “Partner” or any other person (individual or otherwise) which engages with and participates in Community activities and in Superteam Forums;
- “Visitor” shall include lurkers, visitors and/or readers who inter-alia browse, read and/or watch content provided by the Superteam community and/ or engage with the Superteam Projects;
- “Bounties” refer to short-term tasks offered by Partners that include an attached reward for select submissions;
- “Missions” refer to freelance ‘work for hire’ engagements, available to Visitors or Volunteers of the Community;
- “Instagrants” refer to equity-free grants offered by Partners to support relevant Users and their works;
- “Grant Projects” refer to teams that have received Instagrants and are looking to subsequently engage with the Community.
- The term “Projects” shall refer to “Bounties”, “Missions”, “Instagrants”, and “Grant Projects” engaging with the Community.
2. Scope of Engagement
The Superteam Community, through its Volunteers, enables engagement and various activities between Users. The Superteam community shall accordingly let individual Users (a) provide and/or complete submissions towards Projects (b) explore and view content provided by the Partners and Volunteers of the Superteam community, and (c) get opportunities to work with Partners engaging with the Community.
- Users engaging within the Superteam community in any way, represent and warrant, that they have completed eighteen (18) years of age, and are legally competent to enter into the terms, conditions and obligations set forth under these Terms; or if the User is between fourteen (14) and eighteen (18), the User’s parents or legal guardians have agreed upon these Terms on their behalf.
- Any User below the age of fourteen (14) is not permitted to engage within the Superteam Community.
4. Intellectual Property
Users shall own all rights with respect to their submissions in furtherance of a Project, unless the submission guidelines reflect the contrary.
5. User Code of Conduct
The following obligations and prohibitions must be observed by the users:
- Users shall not post any material that is false, harmful, obscene or pornographic, hateful, defamatory, libellous, derogatory, abusive, threatening, or in any other way illegal or infringing upon the legal rights of others, or in violation of this clause;
- Users shall be civil and respectful of other Users and shall not display any deliberately unpleasant, repetitive or irrelevant behaviour;
- Users shall not reveal identifiable information (“dox”) about other Users of the Superteam Community unless explicitly permitted by them to do so;
- Users shall not use, or solicit another party to use Superteam Forums, directly or indirectly, for any purpose which is prohibited by their applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline, or, in violation of Clause 5 of these Terms;
- Users shall not impersonate any other person, or falsely state or misrepresent any association or affiliation with such persons.
- Users shall not interfere with security-related features of the Superteam Forums, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code, except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law.
6. Project Guidelines
- Partner Guidelines
- Submission Review and guidelines for such reviews shall be provided by the respective Partner for any such Projects.
- The Partner shall review the submissions made by the User in furtherance of a Project within a period of five (5) days from the date of submission and shall not cause any unreasonable delay in such review.
- If the Partner fails to review a submission within the specified time period, the submission shall be sent across to the designated volunteers (if any).
- The Partners shall pay the User eligible for payment within a period of forty-eight (48) hours from the date of completion of the review, and shall not cause any unreasonable delay in such payment.
- No third-parties of the Superteam Community shall be held liable for any disputes arising out of such Project, its submissions, or payments.
- Submission guidelines
- Partners shall have the exclusive right to provide for requisite submission guidelines for the Project according to the nature of the Project.
- Partners or their designated volunteers, as the case may be, may reject any submissions that do not follow the requisite guidelines provided by the Partner before soliciting submissions.
- Plagiarism Guidelines
- All submissions, submitted in furtherance of any Project shall be original and any third-party sources of information must be identified, as per academic standards in case of written work, industry standards in case of design work, and as required by the license in case of usage of open source code, etc.
- Any written submissions in furtherance of any Project consisting of more than fifteen percent (15%) plagiarised content; as identified by standard plagiarism checking tools may attract termination under clause 8 of these Terms.
- Any disagreements arising from such plagiarism guidelines shall be settled by the designated Volunteer, and the decision of such designated Volunteer shall be final.
- Projects may have specific terms of engagement with Users, which will prevail in case of any conflict or inconsistency between the specific terms and these Terms of Engagement, the former will prevail.
- All payments made pertaining to the listed Projects within, and for the Superteam community (“Payments”), by Partners or designated Volunteers (“Payers”), shall be made directly by the Partners or through the Volunteers as the case may be. Such Payments may be made in fiat currency, or with cryptocurrency or tokens as may be agreed upon privately between the Payer and User, and User acknowledges and takes responsibility for the risks inherently involved in using such a nascent technology.
- Payments, and the associate terms thereof shall be governed by a private contract between the Payer and Users, and no third-party shall be made liable or impleaded in any disputes arising therefrom. The Users shall conduct their own research with respect to the terms of their payment from the Payer.
- In the absence of specific terms to the contrary, no taxes shall be withheld from any Payments, and recipients of such payments shall be individually and fully liable to deposit tax based on the local laws applicable to them.
- Termination includes, but is not limited to, suspension or restriction of access from the Superteam Community Website, Substack, Discord Server or any other Superteam Forum, by designated Volunteers.
- Termination due to inactivity: Users shall be terminated by designated volunteers in case of inactivity on the Discord Server, or if no assistance is rendered to any other Volunteer, or in case no work is done in furtherance of a Project, for a continuous period of one (1) month.
- Termination due to breach of Code of Conduct: User shall be terminated if the User is found to be in breach of the Community Code of Conduct mentioned in Clause  of these Terms.
- Warnings: In any cases where a User is liable to be Terminated as per subclauses [8.2 and 8.3], the designated community Volunteers may, at their own discretion, give such User a warming, and delay Termination until such behaviour is repeated.
- All disputes arising under this clause shall be settled by the designated Volunteer of the Superteam Community and the decision of the designated Volunteer on any such matters shall be final.
- Within twenty-four (24) hours from a request to that effect being made, the Volunteer shall provide the reasons for such Termination under Clause 7 in writing to the User.
9. Limitation of Liability
- User acknowledges and agrees that the User assumes full responsibility for engagement with other Users on Superteam Forums. In case of any disputes between Users, no other third-parties shall be impleaded, or be liable to the User for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages of any kind, including but without limitation to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other tangible or intangible losses or any other damages based on contract, tort, strict liability or any other theory.
- The Superteam Community does not verify or affirm the claims made by the author, User or Project. The author, User or Project shall be solely responsible for the accuracy of content, research, review or description regarding the subject of the research article published on any Superteam Forum.
- These Terms may change from time to time. Such changes will be reflected in the Terms of the Superteam Community, and continuing engagement shall imply acceptance of the new Terms.
11. Data Privacy
Volunteers of the Superteam Community may collect personal data, including, but not limited to, the User’s name, social media usernames, crypto-asset wallet addresses and email addresses while engaging with other Users. Unless a claim to the contrary in the process of collecting data, such data shall not be shared or used for any purpose not stated. Users bear the complete risk of sharing their data.
- Entire Terms: These terms contain all the terms applicable to the engagement with the Superteam Community and supersede all other previous undocumented communication and representation and agreements.
- Severability: In the event that any clause here is declared to be unenforceable or invalid then only such clause or part thereof shall be struck, and all the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.